Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

Shimelle's Sketch of the Week

I did warn you that I have been crafting and IF this scheduling thing works this will be another post this week!  I also did Shimelle's sketch from the previous week and I LOVED how it turned out.  This was the sketch.

I used an old Halloween photo with some new Teresa Collins papers and had so much fun with it.
Teresa Collins 'Haunted Hallows' papers
I just love patterned paper and adore this orange chevron.  But it is just a little over powering.  I altered the sketch slightly as I didn't place the large paper under the photo but I painted the patterned paper with Graphite glimmer mist to tone it down and create a 'fake' block of card.  I didn't want to completely hide the paper behind another one.

The green ribbon at the bottom is just a piece of cotton tape that I painted with Twinkling H2Os and stuck down randomly on a strip of double sided tape.  The fake glitter stitches are just decorative and don't hold it down.  I added those at the end for a little more sparkle.  i don't normally create using stuff from just one collection but as I had the whole collection in front of me it seemed to just all end up on the page.  I used some of the die-cuts, stickers, chipboard stickers and brads all from the same collection.  It was lots of fun to have everything I wanted right in front of me.  I also replaced the journaling note paper with three journal blocks that I cut from one of the papers.

I made the flower out of some scrap paper and Tim Holtz tissue tape.  I am not sure whether I like that stuff so i am trying to find ways to use it.  I do like how this flower turned out and I painted it with more Twinkling H2Os and put a brad in the center.  Added a few of my scraps of the old Prima Say it with Studs (I miss these!) and the page was pretty much done.  There was a framed picture on the wall that was dominating the photo so I covered it with a sticker! LOL

That year The Extrovert spent ages making his own costume.  I have already told the story of The Thinker's costume perviously.  Those two really make me giggle!

Chipper

3 comments:

  1. Love this LO. I enjoyed reading about all the choices you made... i thought it was interesting about painting over the chevrons to tone it down. If you hadn't said that I'd not have realised. Very clever. Colouring the cotton twill ribbon was inspired too. Great story about ds making his own robot suit... So sweet and worth remembering. Loved it all!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy :-) I really like the way it turned out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Those chevrons are so trendy right now aren't they? I'm really enjoying these sketches and you've worked this just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.