Pages

Friday 9 September 2011

Signature Accent Challenge

You may remember that a while ago I participated in a challenge weekend over at Shimelle's, along with loads of other people.  I didn't get a chance to finish all of the challenges but I am still slowly working my way through them.  One of the challenges was to scrap using your signature accent.  I looked back through everything that I have been creating since I finally unpacked my stuff, and discovered that I use paints, sprays and sparkle on almost every layout!  I just love making a mess :-)  So here is my page complete with all three elements.

Doodlebug paper
We spent one of our afternoons while at Disney playing at Blizzard Beach water park.  I loved the chance to use snowy papers for warm photos!  The boys lined up with the rest of the crowd and went on the HUGE speed slide.  The Princess was too little for it, so I didn't get a chance to go on it this time around.  (Besides, I wasn't wearing a suitable swim suit for speed slides!!!)

I painted some warm white randomly behind where I wanted my photos and cut some nice big swirls with my new Eclips machine.  I sticklesed the swirls with Frosted Lace to look like snow and then used the negative part of the swirls to spray more swirl patterns on the paper with Glimmer Mist Frost.

I had only recently bought the Jolly Holidays Lite Cricut cartridge and just HAD to use the cute little penguin with a very sparkly umbrella!!!!

I cut the title from the negative swirl card that I had been using to spray the swirls with.  That way they were already sprayed the right colour! (You can just see one of the sprayed swirls on the paper in the photo on the left)  And of course I glittered everything with my Sakura Jelly Roll pen in clear (just LOVE that pen).

Added some punched snowflakes and the journaling to the large swirl and it was done.  It was hard to capture the sparkle even in the sun, but you kinda need sunglasses to look at this page. LOL

Enjoy your weekend,
Chipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.