Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

Hot Pink Hoopla Challenge

Yesterdays daily challenge over at Shimelle's was all about HOT PINK!!!  The accompanying video was very interesting and it is always amazing to see how someone else puts a page together, especially someone as talented as Shimelle.  So hot pink here we come ...

Paper is Prima 'Paisley Road'
This photo is from The Princess's 10th birthday party this year.  She chose to have a craft party and we decked out the class room at the shop and invited her friends to come for craft, pizza and a movie.  They all had a great time.  We took photos of them all when they arrived and printed them out while we all made a small heart shaped mini album.  Then they were able to stick in the photos and all sign each others books.

This was the only sheet of hot pink that I could find and as it is The Princess's favourite colour it was a natural choice for this photo.  I thought the aqua and orange (can't believe I am using ORANGE again!) livened things up a bit.  A pretty simple layout really.  The flowers were made using Tim Holtz tattered floral die and the die cut layers sprayed with water and scrunched.  When they are dry you then carefully unfold the layers and stick them on top of one another for a fun dimensional flower.  I had run out of the pink and aqua papers so I had to cut some layers from white and spray them pink.  My hands are still stained today!  Add a bit of ribbon, a few stickers and some sprays and I was done.

All in all this page was a bit of fun and came together quickly.  Which was a good thing as it was my second page for the night and it had already become Thursday when I finished and went to bed!  Two layouts in one night, I am amazed!  But feeling so inspired after this past weekend of challenges.  Thank you Shimelle.


Chipper

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Great job on the flowers, they really add a lot to the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. I love the flowers--thanks for the mini tutorial! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely flowers! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.