Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2011

I Believe In Fairies

Scrapping the boys with Tinker Bell the other day made me want to go all blingy and scrap the corresponding photo of The Princess and I.  To keep the two similar I used the same green Bazzill Dotted Swiss on both layouts.  It is one glittery layout!

I used backing paper purchased at the park.

I wanted to add as much sparkle to the purple backing paper as possible so I traced over the main pattern with Ranger Stickles "Star Dust'.  The photo doesn't do the sparkle justice as there was a big storm today and natural light was not an option for taking the photo!  I recently purchased a WRMK Sew Easy and have been wanting to use it for two weeks.  I was very disappointed and it is NOT so easy to use.  At first I was going to use the pendant and have it hanging on the page like a banner ... but it wouldn't even make the holes in Bazzill!  I managed to get the large loop to work, but I still had to go over it with a piercing tool to actually make the holes as all I got were marks.  I am not a huge fan of hand sewing so although I pierced a 12in border, I only stitched 3 loops!  But after all that effort I was going to use it on this page somewhere, or else! LOL It became part of the title along with a sticker from the park pack.

I love to make my own embellishments and although the green flower is from Prima, I made the purple ribbon flower myself.  It is easy to do using the Clover Bow Maker.  I used the middle size in the small pack and this is the first time I used a wire edged ribbon (It was the only one in my stash that matched).  I do love the effect of ribbon on a page.

The flower border is a Martha Stewart punch and the 'believe' is a chipboard word from Dusty Attic.  The other bits came from my stash and the 'Fairies' was cut on my Cricut and then stickled with 'Star Dust'.

I am very happy with the way this one turned out and it still co-ordinates with the one of the boys.  It is rare for me not to journal, but as all of these photos are from the same holiday, I don't feel I need to repeat myself just so that jounaling appears on each page.

Those are the Tinker Bell photos done, now I think I might start tackling the 50's Prime Time cafe shots.  Now there is a story worth telling :-)

Chipper

1 comment:

  1. Oooh... I do love the colours in this page and the bling is fab. It goes perfectly with the other page too. I am enjoying your blog, it's right up my street. Yesterdays movie clip wouldn't work for me (?) I mostly use an i-pad these days and not all formats are friendly to i-pads so it could be that. I'm hoping to do Shimelle's sketch again this week if I have a minute.
    Mandy McK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.