Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Don't you love it when a plan comes together!

I have emailed, messaged, and chatted galore in the past few days.  And it has all been worth it ... my family are all getting in on the 'Family Recipe Album' idea that I had for my cousins wedding present.  I am so excited that I am going to make two, one for me and one for her.

My family has been fractured many times over for generations and we are spread all over the world.  Some of us try to keep in touch and others have lost their family roots.  This is my way of passing some form of family heritage onto my cousin at the time of her marriage.  I know she will appreciate it.  I love her dearly and I miss that we have grown apart as she got older because I moved away for a while.

Family I very rarely speak to are emailing me back saying that they know just which recipe and story they will forward to me.  I am so excited and even the thought of how much work it is going to be to compile it all is not dulling my enthusiasm.  I have asked each to send me a favourite recipe along with the story that goes with it and where possible a photo.

I am enjoying writing this blog even though it is a learning curve for me.  I still can't seem to post comments (although that is probably due to the age of my computer!) but Shimelle's 'Blogging for Scrappers' class (see the right of the screen) has been full of inspiration and valuable information.  It was due to one of her prompts that I came up with this idea.

Stay tuned for updates on this album.  I have six months to finish it :-)

Chipper

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Sounds like an amazing project... Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.