Pages

Sunday 26 June 2011

Faith, Hope & Pixie Dust

It isn't very often that you get the chance to combine boys and Tinker Bell in a layout.  So when the opportunity presents itself, you can't pass it up, even if the boys in question will later cringe!

When in Florida at Disney World, one of their photographers asked the boys to pose with their hands outstretched and to "look surprised".  This photo was the result.  The Thinker got his look perfect and for once out-acted The Extrovert.  When we picked up this photo I loved it immediately.  There are times when I wish they would stay that small for ever.

The layout is based on this weeks sketch by Shimelle, but I tried to keep it somewhat simple.  Although I blinged it up a bit, I really couldn't take it tooooooo far, or my boys might become a little offended!
Used papers from a Disney kit

I used papers from a Tinker Bell kit we picked up at the park but they weren't true 12x12.  So I trimmed some extra off and mounted it on Dotted Swiss Bazzill.  The journaling block is made from a Banana Frog stamp embossed with Ranger 'glitter lavender' embossing powder.  I struggled with the title as I tried and tried to cut one on my Cricut from the Tinker Bell cartridge, but it was just too intricate and it drove me nuts!

I used Smooch 'Illuminate' to add sparkle to the word "hope" and also in the centers of each of the larger white stars in the backing paper.  The title is from the movie theme song and now everyone is singing it!!! (Faith, hope and pixie dust ... are you singing it now too?)

But the most important part is that the boys love it even though it is purple and sparkly!  So I guess it is ok to scrap boys and Tinker Bell on the same page, but only once :-)

Chipper

3 comments:

  1. Really clever photo and I like the LO. Blingy but not girly. Great memory to document. Tfs,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really well done! I love this sketch too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.