Pages

Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter Egg Hunt

We had a family egg hunt down by the river this afternoon. Boy was it HOT for Easter. It is quite dry down there as summer is coming to an end. In winter this area is muddy and slippery. We hid 200 mini eggs in the trees and leaf litter and about 20 bigger eggs. The older kids were told to leave the really obvious eggs for the two little ones. We picked an area that didn't have long grass to avoid a possible meeting with a snake :-) But instead there was a huge bee hive in one of the trees! We just stayed away from that one LOL

The kids found all but about 20 mini eggs. I think the little gold ones blended in with the dry leaves
too well. My brother laid out some of the eggs in an arrow at the start of the hunt zone. As my nephew came running towards the area he almost ran right past the arrow before noticing it and screeching to a halt to start filling his bag.

It was a very enjoyable afternoon :-)
Chipper

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun :)
    I really miss these sort of family activities now my 4 are older. The youngest will be 15 in the summer. It has flown. Most of the time I love having teenagers...BUT... This Easter I did miss the fun things we used to do. My eldest will be 20 in November. Hard to believe. He's been home from Uni for a week, got some shifts in the corner shop where he had a part time job before he left for Uni. So grown up. Hugs,
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so wonderful! What a perfect spot for Easter egg hunting! It looks beautiful, and the wooded area would be magical! It looks as if you had a lovely Easter holiday....I'm so glad! He is risen! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.