Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Help! Christmas Pudding ...

I am sure you are all aware by now that I am not English. But The LOML is and the children have followed his lead when it comes to Christmas pudding. (YUK!!! is what I say!)

This year The Thinker would like to try his hand at making our own. When we lived in Ireland they always liked Tesco's Finest Christmas Pudding as it wasn't overly nutty.

I don't have any family recipes for this and so I am asking for your help. Does anyone have a delicious recipe we could try or do you know of a published recipe that is yummy. I have read a few but have NO IDEA what I should be looking for in a recipe.

Have we left it too late? Are there any useful tips I should know? Please help, I am completely lost!

Thanks,
Chipper

5 comments:

  1. So sorry Christine, we are not Christmas pudding fans..have you tried looking at Nigella Lawson' recipe..we use her recipes often and have never been disappointed!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you have not left it too late! I make mine every year and have only just made it. It is not too nutty, very fruity. If you would like the recipe let me know and I will email it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I was going to do a post about our pudding making with the recipe today and then I went with something else instead. I can certainly send it to you if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never made one but we usually have an Asda one at my mil's on Christmas Eve with brandy butter/icecream/double cream/white custard phew depending on what the person wants to go with it!! I do know that one of the days running up to Christmas is called 'stir up sunday' (may have that remembered a bit wrong) where traditionally you're supposed to let everyone stir the Christmas pudding mix. Shocking memory probably better to google for facts than rely on my dodgy memory :). Just a bit of fun. Good to see you back blogging.
    Hugs,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did it go? We make several every year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to brighten my day :-)
Due to spam I have had to stop comments from Anonymous users. I apologise if this causes you any difficulty.